Friday, November 21, 2008

my favorite time of year.

Late November through January is the best season for movies. Anything that is worth a shit comes out in this time period. Of course, there are exceptions (Watchmen, which comes out in March is the obvious exception), but for the most part this time of year gets me the most stoked for movies. So here's my list of stuff coming out that I'll be definitely be seeing. I gave a link to the trailer for each movie so definitely check those out:

MILK
Nov. 26th
Trailer

This is a Gus Van Sant movie (who I love, even if Paranoid Park and Last Days sucked) starring Sean Penn in a biopic about the first openly gay politician, Harvey Milk. This seriously looks beyond words incredible. Emile Hirsch, Josh Brolin, and James Franco are also in this, and those are three awesome actors, so how can you go wrong? Probably my most anticipated movie of this season.

SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK
In Tucson at the Loft Nov. 26th
Trailer

One of my favorite screenwriters, Charlie Kaufman, is also directing his newest movie, Synecdoche, New York. This guy seriously does no wrong when it comes to movies. His writing is amazing and his characters are rich with emotions and realistic to a T. Fucking love this guy and cannot wait for this movie.


LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
In Tucson at The Loft Dec. 5th
Trailer

Fuck Twilight. This is a real vampire movie. This is based on a novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist, and while I have admittedly not read the book, this seriously looks amazing and everyone I've talked to who has seen it says its incredible. This can't come here soon enough. It's foreign, so gasp, you'll have to read SUBTITLES! How difficult.

DOUBT
Dec. 12th
Trailer

It's Philip Seymour Hoffman... in one of my favorite plays ever written... that's all I realy need to say about this.


THE READER
Dec. 10th
Trailer

Minus the really lame text cards in the trailer, this looks reallty fantastic. I love Ralph Fiennes and Kate Winslet, so just knowing those two are attached to this movie is good enough for me. This doesn't look like the typical WWII movie, so because of that, I'm for it.

WENDY AND LUCY
Dec. 10th
Trailer

Michelle Williams plays a quiet roaming girl on her way to Alaska in this movie. This trailer really make it seem like this is my type of movie: quiet, introspective, and rough. I hope this comes to Tucson.

THE WRESTLER
Dec. 17th
Trailer

All I really have to say about this is: FUCK. YES. Darren Aronofsky takes a step away from his norm of mind-fuckery to give you a human story. I cannot wait for this, Jesus Christ.

REVOLUTIONARY ROAD
Dec. 25th
Trailer

I don't care what anyone says, I love Leonardo DiCaprio. Dude has some fucking acting chops. Here's what you have to know about this: Sam Mendes directed this, its based on a Richard Yates novel, and this looks incredible. Very excited for this. Also, look! It's Leo and Kate together once again! Looks like their love isn't everlasting this time through, though.


THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON
Dec. 25th
Trailer

Fuck you. Fuck me. This looks so fucking good.

THE CLASS
Jan. 30th
Trailer

This just looks really solid.

And that's all I got. Go see these movies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Michelle Williams is NOT the girl that plays the waitress on It's Always Sunny hahaha.

Evan S. said...

That was my idea of a joke because i always thought it was her until a friend set me straight. They look a lot alike. I was but I ain't no fool no more!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha okay. Yeah, I've heard people say that before and it drives me insane. I didn't mean to come off so seriously about it hahaha.