Tuesday, October 28, 2008

i'm every morning you wake up alone.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love pop punk. I love all kinds of pop punk, from Saves the Day to Crimpshrine to Dillinger Four. I love it all.

So, without further ado, here are some pop punk albums I've been jamming hard lately. I'm going to try and do this once a week. Word!

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS - "FROM THE BOTTOM"

Best album of 2008. No fucking joke. This is the best thing that has come out this years and the best thing that WILL come out this year. Get into it. NOW. Sounds like if your favorite pop punk band was bitter and hated everything and was inches away from reaching for a shotgun to blow it's brains out.

You can also buy it here. Which you should. Seriously.

WITCHES WITH DICKS - "MANUAL"

If this band sucked, I would think their name is dumb. But since they rule, I love the name. Makes sense, right? Anyhow, do you like Dillinger Four? So do Witches with Dicks. They also love being catchy as all fuck and being fun as all fuck. This band is all kinds of great.

You can also buy it here.

GET BENT - "DEMO 2008"

This is the best demo I've found recently. I wouldn't even call this a demo, it's recorded so well and the songs are so fleshed out. Really, really good emotional pop punk. Imagine if Latterman hung out with the Broadways and the Gibbons decided to tag along. I love this demo.

No comments: