Wednesday, October 29, 2008

i know i'm dull compared to sororities (yes, you are).

I decided to post more albums because I'm bored and it's fun and you all seriously need to check these bands and albums out. So, here are some more great albums:

WESTON - "GOT BEAT UP"

This record can be summed up in a single statement: high school. If you find me a record that is more high school than this, more teenage angst than this, more geeky boy falling in love with popular girl than this, more lovable loser than this, then I'll be impressed. This album is so goofy and fun. Seriously, here are the lyrics to the first verse of the song, "Just Like You":

"It's just like you to want to hate me
,
But never take the time to date me
,
And I'll still sit around thinking of you
.
I took you to the big make-out spot,
And carved your name in every desktop
,
Now you want to see somebody new.
That's ju
st like you."

I mean, c'mon. Also, the songs "New Shirt" and "Heather Lewis" are so ridiculously good it blows my mind. Download this if you just want to have fun and pretend to be 15 again. This shit is out of print like fuck too so you can't really buy it unless you want to pay eBay prices.

CHINESE TELEPHONES - "SELF TITLED"

Ugghhh, this band is too good. This bands sounds like the Exploding Hearts and the Clorox Girls mixed with Screeching Weasel. The vocals and drumming definitely have that garage punk like feel but if you listen to the guitars it definitely sounds like three chord punk. When I originally got this album I listened to it endlessly. Check it out!

You can buy it here.

TEENAGE BOTTLEROCKET - "TOTAL"

People like to call this band a Ramones worship band, and that's true to an extent. They're more of a Screeching Weasel worship band in my opinion, and Screeching Weasel were in turn a Ramones worship band... but this is all besides the point. To the point and catchy as all hell pop punk. Don your leather jacket and your pair of lucky converse for this one. I love this band.

You can buy it here.

No comments: