Sunday, November 2, 2008

so you can take my number right out of your phonebook, burn my seven digits to ashes.


Jeff Rosenstock is one of my favorite musicians making punk music right now. The songs he writes are blasts of anxious energy, more so ranting and raving about all his neuroses than actually singing lyrics. This album, the final release from this band, is a perfect lead in to his current project, BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! (who you can expect me to be posting about soon). While BTMI! is a true conglomerate of music, fusing punk, ska, hardcore, and folkish tendencies into something that surprisingly works, THE ARROGANT SONS OF BITCHES is more ska influenced than anything else. But this is no Less Than Jake or Big D and the Kids Table, trust me. This is spastic and anxious and neurotic and full of anthems and incredible depth and emotion. This comes highly recommended. If you don't like ska at all, I still say give this a shot, you never know.

THE LAWRENCE ARMS - "COCKTAILS AND DREAMS"

Do I really need to even introduce this band? This is their collection of splits and 7"s and all that good stuff. Download this right now. You need this.

In other news, I got my leather jacket the other day. I love it.


No comments: