Saturday, September 27, 2008

some things.

- Tonight/last night was Okkervil River. It was, to put it simply, amazing. That word really does no justice to the show, though. The best part was this, though: the show was 18+, which meant they forced all the 18-20 crowd into the corner of the venue, not even able to stand at the front and making viewing the band itself difficult and impersonal. Here's where it gets awesome, though: for whatever reason, even after seeing my ID, the person at the front gave me a stamp for the 21+ section, which allowed me to stand front and center. I have no idea how this happened. It just did. The only bummer part was after their first encore, Congress decided to play their house music, barring Okkervil from playing their last encore and arguably one of my favorite songs. Oh well. I saw them play "Black" and "Westfall" and that's all I need in the long run. Overall, a complete success of a night.

- Michael and I were hanging out in my room today watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia today when some kid just walked in. He just walked in. He then mumbled something and I said, "Uh, can I help you?" He said he thought it was the study room since our names weren't on our door (John took them down) and he quickly bolted out. It was... odd.

- I did my first day of interning for the campus radio station today, and it was a lot of fun. It was fun to hang out with Chelsea and Lindsay and they allowed me to play a ton of my own music which was really cool.

Life moves ahead. It waits for no one.

No comments: